Thursday, February 11, 2010

When is a person "over it"?

That's been an interesting question for me. When am I "over it"? How long after the breakup do I remain dating kryptonite until I'm deemed suitable for dating once again?

One person told me it takes one half of the total time spent in the relationship to get "over it". That works out to roughly three and a half years. That's not gonna work for me. I am NOT spending that kind of time on this.

Maybe it's not an "over it" proposition. Maybe it's an I'm "through with it" kind of thing. I've gotten through it and I feel that I am through WITH it. I don't want him back. I know he doesn't want me back. It's just...done.

It's not about having hard feelings or bad feelings. The last time I saw him, I didn't have any feelings one way or the other. He was only dropping off the last of my things but even at that, it felt like a friend I hadn't seen in awhile had dropped by. It feels like the relationship was lifetimes ago.

I have such wonderful fulfilling friendships and truly exceptional tarot clients, I know I'll never be bored or lacking a social life.

It truly is all for the best after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment